Do you find yourself covering your mouth when you smile because of missing teeth? Have you mastered the art of dodging selfies and group photos at social gatherings? When you’re not confident about your smile, you find ways to hide it. You’ve been hiding your smile so long that it’s second nature.
A missing tooth causes more problems than you think. The adjacent teeth become affected by the missing tooth as well. The missing tooth can cause your other teeth to shift out of position. In time, you will experience bone loss in the area of your missing tooth. Several missing teeth can change the way your face looks. Your face can appear to be asymmetrical and sunken.
But this doesn’t have to happen. Dental implants provide a healthy, natural look that retains the shape of your face and smile. You don’t have to worry about embarrassing moments due to unstable prosthetics. Also, you can care for them the same way you care for your natural teeth.
Ready to stop hiding your smile?
Dental Implants Can Replace Your Missing Teeth
A dental implant is a titanium screw placed into your bone. It acts as an artificial tooth root. The abutment is the piece that connects the implant to the crown. The implant-supported crown looks and functions like a natural tooth.
Some Amazing Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants allow you to bite and chew as you do with your natural teeth.
- Restoring normal chewing function improves your gastrointestinal health.
- Dental implants restore the beauty of your smile. They’re indistinguishable from your natural teeth to the naked eye.
- Dental implants prevent bone loss by stimulating your jaw bone. This promotes natural bone growth. When missing teeth aren’t replaced, bone loss occurs.
- Dental implants keep adjacent teeth from shifting out of place. Teeth that shift out of place alter your bite and become more difficult to clean.
- Dental implants maintain the integrity of your natural teeth. You don’t have to alter the adjacent teeth to place the implant.
- Dental implants can prevent facial sagging. Facial sagging can occur when there are several missing teeth. This makes a person look older than their true age.
- Dental implants improve oral health, which affects your general health. You reduce the risk of periodontal disease and infection.
- Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care. Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day. Get your regular dental cleanings and exams.
Are you considering an implant? Patients need healthy gums and sufficient bone to place the implant. Also, a commitment to good oral hygiene practices is necessary to keep your gum tissue healthy to support your implant. Get evaluated by a Reston dentist to find out if you’re a good candidate for dental implants.
Restore the aesthetics and function of your smile with dental implants. Smile, speak, and eat with confidence. Dental implants provide the most natural tooth replacement option. It’s time to smile again. If you’re considering dental implants and need more information, we’re here to help. Contact Reston Serenity Smiles to schedule your appointment.